I got an email from HTC Asia recently regarding the ROM WM6.5 free upgrade for my HTC TP2. I was hesitated at the moment, while quite exciting about it. The exciting part is there’s a new firmware for my mobile phone, and I was hoping the upgrade will boost the performance, or at least solve the occasional program lag issues. If I were to compare my current WM6.1 phone with my 4 years old PPC2003 Phone, there are no complaint at all; to be certain that they were 3 major versions apart (PPC2003 > PPC2003 SE > WM5.0 > WM6.0), most problems I encountered that time were resolved.
Now back to what I’ve been hesitated for the upgrade. It was stated in the email, that I can perform the upgrade online; or bring my phone to HTC Service Center @ Plaza Berjaya KL. Obviously, I’ve try clicking on the link which brings me to HTC SEA Support site. Fast track to what was stated as the Improved Functions for WM6.5:
- HTC phones featuring Windows Mobile 6.5 are designed to handle your daily life, with only one consideration: You.
- You can customize with programs, ringtones, TouchFLO 3D options, and more.
- Connect with the people you care about most using Windows Live, Facebook and other chat clients available for download.
- Backing up with Microsoft My Phone is as easy as typing in a username and password and selecting what you want to back up. Everything else is automatic. You can even let it run in the background while you surf the net, chat with friends, or have it just resting in your pocket while you relax on the couch.
- All this and increased convenience with a one stop shop for applications available for free and for download in the brand new Marketplace.
Come on, I can do that now!
You called that an improved function?
Sounds a bit interesting…
Should try that out…
A few more lines down the page, there’s a warning quote which reminds that all data will be erased once I proceed with the upgrade. Well I can understand the point and backup my data prior to the upgrade, but what about the free softwares I get when I purchased the phone?! I know what’s the decision and will surely pay HTC Care Center a visit, I do not know when, but let’s see…